- Send the meeting static content or materials, like slide decks or spec docs, up to 48 hours prior to the meeting so the content can be reviewed by attendees in advance.
- Document the meeting agenda prior to the meeting so that it is clear what topics will be discussed in the meeting.
- Confirm that necessity of attendees, and only invite necessary audience for the meeting.
- During the meeting annotate discussion items to provide a later meeting summary.
- During the meeting allocate any action items to concrete owners. Set expectations on when the action items should be completed and how progress of the action items will be tracked.
- After the meeting provide a summary of the meeting and action items to attendees.
- After the meeting survey attendees on the effectiveness of the meeting.
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Meeting best practices according to Heathfields Effective Meetings Produce Results: